Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Recipe Review: Sesame Quinoa Spring Rolls

Sesame Quinoa Spring Rolls

I so had all the ingredients here in the house to make these and I was so hungry!  I thought "great opportunity for a recipe review!"

I'm not really even gonna bother taking pretty pictures or any other junk like that because if you're counting points I do NOT want to entice you into making these.    I thought it would be really good and as far as taste goes there were "meh".  I mean... I love kale.. I love quinoa but it doesn't get any yummier than that.  Bleh.  

I halved the recipe.  I'm glad of that.  It calls for 2 cups of quinoa... TWO CUPS.  Do you have any idea how A) expensive quinoa is and B) how much frickin' quinoa 2 dry cups makes?  gah!   I also used "light" soy sauce as I am trying to watch my sodium intake.  

2 of these rolls came out to somewheresabout 10 pts and after I was done eating I was like "wheres the rest of the food"   It needed way more dressing than I put on it but I wasn't willing to spend the points on the sesame oil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment